Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

How do I replace the batteries in my Rodgers 1F81-261

Customer Question

How do I replace the batteries in my White Rodgers 1F81-261 thermostat? Please don't say you can check out the manual here because I already looked at & im still confused. Not sure what or how to do it
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Thermostat specific
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I'm just not very handy which is why I need some assistance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just need to make sure I understand this: you said I needed to continue & put down a $5 deposit but PayPal charged me $23. Why is that & is this how much I will be charged just to have my simple ? answered?
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 month ago.

I will be happy to help. The front should pull straight off the wall, leaving the sub base attached to wall .This will expose the batteries and allow you to change them. Be careful to make sure they are installed positive/negative. Let me know if you have further questions before rating.

AS for the charges, I am not in the administration department,I am an expert earning my living be answering questions and helping people solve there ac issues without having to call in a 100 dollar per hour technician.There should have been a selection of how much you were willing to pay for assistance.It appears you must have selected to 28 dollar option.

I am here to help you if it takes 5 minutes or 3 hours.We strive for 100 per cent you may request a refund if you misunderstood and want to close the question.