Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a red wire and blue wire coming from the transformer

Customer Question

I have a red wire and blue wire coming from the transformer in the indoor unit for my 24 v what lines do they get connected to
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model # outdoor- th4b1821sModel # indoor- ae24bx21
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry but I'm not able to pull up any specs for those models. Perhaps one of my colleagues can. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, send me a few photo's of the transformer so that I can see what the primary and secondary sides of it are... photo's taken from different angles so that I can see all of the wire connections.

and please tell me why you are making these changes or repairs and if you have a multi meter or not.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

To attach photo's use the paper clip icon on the right end of your dialog box tool bar, OR.. the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button.

(note:the wire colors are not standard at all they can even vary with the same manufacturer, we can take ohm and voltage reads however in order to determine the correct connections.)

We can go from there