jett fletcher
jett fletcher,
Experience:  Hvac Technician at Lewis Appliance

I have a ph15 "M" series 5 ton unit. It takes hours for the

Customer Question

I have a ph15 "M" series 5 ton unit. It takes hours for the house today cool down as little as 5 degrees after a weekend away. Hours, like 15-18 to cool to a set temp of 77-78 degrees. I have had two a/c companies check it out and they say all is well. Most of the room vents only seem to emit a minimum amount of airflow. I asked the service guy if the fan is turned to high speed and he said yes. The unit seems almost to quiet when running.
Any ideas? Thanks, Cliff ***@******.***
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  jett fletcher replied 29 days ago.
Hello, my name is***** will help you. Sometimes a unit has an issue or issues and when the tech arrives the unit is operating so he cannot diagnose a problem. This may be what's happening. One thing in your situation that comes to mind is that your blower fan could be getting hot and shutting down, then when it cools off it will start again. If this happens while you compressor is running your indoor coil will ice over rapidly so that would a definite indicator. Also, I've seen motors run slower when the capacitor is reading a low value. I'm assuming the tech checked it if it has one? I hope I have helped you and given some insight as to what could be your problem. If don't mind please leave a rating of 3 or more stars. Thank you so much. Jett.
Expert:  jett fletcher replied 28 days ago.

Hello, If you have any more questions i would be glad to answer them for you. If you are satisfied with my answer please rate me. Thank you for using this service