Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a RHEEM RRPL B030JK08E (as seen here: This unit was

Customer Question

I have a RHEEM RRPL B030JK08E (as seen here:
This unit was present when I bought my house. I believe its a heat pump system, but its wired to the Conventional system side of the thermostat. How do I tell if its wired correctly?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Many thermostats will use the same terminals ,Please give me model on thermostat and tell me how it is wired. A picture with front cover removed showing wiring would be great

Looking at the manual, I see the RRPL is actually a gas heat and straight cool, non heat pump unit so the traditional wiring is going to be correct. Are you having problems with the unit?

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.