Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I pressed the reset button 10 times on the oil furnace. Of

Customer Question

I pressed the reset button 10 times on the oil furnace. Of course now I find out I shouldn't have done that. Trouble shooting, I figured out I need a new igniter. Now I cant proceed with the fix because I was an idiot and flooded the chamber. Now what can I do?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Call a pro. The chamber is saturated with oil and it would be extremely dangerous for you to fire it up. In most cases like this (10 restarts is extreme) the burner tech will often call the fire department to be on hand just in case.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Can i replace the combustion chamber?
Expert:  Rick replied 28 days ago.

I'm sorry but the only safe option is to leave this to a pro. I can't in good conscience advise you to do anything else.