Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

Can a carrier fv4bnf002 be used upside down to make it a

Customer Question

can a carrier fv4bnf002 be used upside down to make it a downflow unit
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Yes, the FV4B air handlers are multi-poise air handlers and can be used in down flow or counterflow applications but they require downflow conversion kits to accomplish this. There are two versions of the downflow kit and you use one of the two based on whether your unit has a slope coil or an A-coil. The slope coil conversion kit is Carrier accessory number KFADC0201SLP, the A-coil version is number KFADC0401ACL. You also need a gasket kit to make the installation leak and sweat free which is kit number KFAHD0101SLP. Click Here for the installation manual for the FV4B air handler, the downflow info is located at the bottom of page 5.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! And remember, follow up questions about this topic are free even after rating. Just post a new reply on this same question and I'll be notified. Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian