Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have same problem and have followed your advice but cannot

Customer Question

I have same problem and have followed your advice but cannot get red light to go out or AC to work. It is 73 outside and 80 inside.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 3 weeks. unit outside was not working and we did not have an error message but we replaced capacitor with a bridge capacitor and unit outside cut back on and everything was fine for a couple weeks. Then three weeks ago we had a bad storm lost power and then the 126 message appeared.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: Unit is six years old and brand-new house and no this is the first time any problems whatsoever
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am looking over your question now and will respond shortly.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

Have you checked the power to the outdoor unit? Make sure that 220v is actually going into the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
power is on. Yes 220. House is only six years old and unit is only six years old
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

Ok there is a fuse box/disconnect on the side of the house..this feeds power to the unit.

I need to know if we have 220v at the contactor inside the unit. If you press the contactor in does the unit kick on?