HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I am trying to find out something about a "failed ignition"

Customer Question

I am trying to find out something about a "failed ignition" code on a Triangle Tube Prestige solo 110 gas boiler. I often have to hit the OK button 5-6 times for it to re-ignite. I have only had this boiler for a little over 3 years and the people that sold me the unit have already replaced the ignitor on 3 seperate occasions, WHAT GIVES????/
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I have not. I wouldn't know where to start.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to because i don't trust my installer. If he was competent, he should have checked those things; should he not. He has replaced it 3-4 times already. It will work great for 2-3 months and then have the exact same problem. I have to reset it multiple times EVERY DAY!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Replace or clean the flame sensor and you will be good to go. You can sand the flame sensor probe off with some fine sandpaper and then try it. Let me know what happens.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not even know what the flame sensor is or where it is located. If that is easily done, I would try it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the flame sensor, and where is it located??