jett fletcher
jett fletcher,
Experience:  Hvac Technician at Lewis Appliance
96143176

RUUD Ultra Series Model UPRL024JEC. Trouble code blinks

Customer Question

RUUD Ultra Series Model UPRL024JEC. Trouble code blinks between L and 29. Room became hot while blower was on and thermostat was calling for cooling. Found compressor fan to be off. Turned off system, pulled breaker by compressor, waited. Put breaker back in, turned air on, system started up and fan began to operate. Have done this a few times and unit works for days at a time.
Also, pushed test button for 1 second and compressor started and fan started for the 5 second test.
Last night did the things mentioned above. System worked about 3-4 hours. Room cooled down. At some point system stopped working and warm air was blowing through vents. Exterior fan was not running.
Considering replacing capacitors.
Any thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  jett fletcher replied 2 months ago.

HELLO, I think your instinct to replace the capacitor is probably correct. Check to see if the fan motor is excessively hot by feeling the top of the grill right above the fan motor while running. It should be warm but not HOT. If is really hot or you cant keep your hand on it then i would change the capacitor. If you can provide me a picture the label that explains the error codes i may be able to investigate further for you but as a quick answer the capacitor does seem to the culprit right now. Thank you so much, I hope this helps.

Hello, please rate my answer.