Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

How to properly install a recirculation system in a

Customer Question

How to properly install a recirculation system in a solarhart thermo-syphon DHW system
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The only way you can do this is to connect your DHW return (which would start at hot water piping near the furthest fixture from the tank) to the cold water inlet into the tank. You would connect it on the tank side of the check valve that should be already installed on the cold water feed and you'd also install a check valve in the DHW return line (near the tank) to prevent backflow from the tank into the return. You can install the pump anywhere that's convenient. You can control the pump either with a timer or an aquastat that would turn the pump on when the return temp drops below 110. Actually a timer and an aquastat would be best.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you have more questions?