Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a ductless a.c. system. when I turn it on the fan

Customer Question

I have a ductless a.c. system. when I turn it on the fan gose to high speed and then shut off and the two middle lights on the five way indercator lights blink. any thoughts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the printed circuit board that controls the fan is most likely bad, it is a complex electronics diagnosis. Most techs will replace that board, and if that fails they will replace the main control board in the outside unit...... if... they can find the parts. This is not a do it yourself type project.

Let me know which direction you are from the center of the nearest city if you wish and I will see if I can locate any reliable company that has or can get parts for that system.