Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Morso heater is about 30 years old but still provides

Customer Question

My Morso heater is about 30 years old but still provides heat. Recently it has become difficult to reduce the rate of burning. It has two draught inlets controlled by 'wheels' that wind in/out. It burns strongly with one of these shut and the other open just half a turn . When new this was not the case. I 'm not sure whether it is the heater or the flue that has caused this change. Any suggestions welcome
Mike Lawson Adelaide
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, soot has built up inside the unit and probably its exhaust stack, restricting the air flow... clean all that out and you will be back to the original function.

That said, the older a heater is, the more likely its heat exchanger has cracks in it, releasing carbon monoxide into the room. Buy at least one carbon monoxide detectors, for the room the heater is in, and one for the bedrooms

Its time to locate the 'finish and rate' link and click on it, in exchange I will hold the question open for any follow up you might need.

Thanks!