Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

Looking for a solution for heating my garage. Currently have

Customer Question

Hey - looking for a solution for heating my garage. Currently have a Reznor (model UDAP45). I have a cheap digital thermostat hooked up to it. Currently, I have to leave it on to about 7 degrees Celcius (around 44 F) all night to have a somewhat warm car in the morning. I'm looking for a wifi based thermostat that I can remote into to turn it on and set the temp. That way I can turn the heater on an hour or so before I go out there, without having to be there. Sometimes I'm leaving work and know I'm going to do something in the garage, and it takes a long time to warm up (because it's 7 degrees...)I normally want the heater "OFF" not on low or 40. Thermostat needs to do low temp range (45 is enough some days), and needs to be able to turn off heat completely. I can't tell from any of the packaging/descriptions if basic wifi enabled thermostats can turn off the heat completely. Has anybody used one that can tell me for sure?Here are the three things I need the thermostat to do:
Thermostat - normally off. I can log in to see the current temp.
Remote login - enable heat, set to 50 (ish) if 55 were the lowest setpoint I wouldn't be horrified
Remote login - disable heat.Is there anything out there that will do this?
Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I have and have been using SENSI by Emerson, this is a excellent choice for your needs.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

To power that t-stat, you will require 24 volt common to terminal C and 24volt + to R terminal of t-stat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response - can you send me a specific product from Home Depot or Amazon for that 24 volt common?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

The power comes from your Reznor unit, same t-stat wires you are using now. but will need one more wire for 24 com required for any WIFI t-stat

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Here is a link of the units wiring diagram. refer page 18 look at the top of board for transformer wiring, use the COM for 24volt com.

Dont forget to rate my answer for assisting you.

Best regards

Customer/p>

http://www.reznorhvac.com/files/D300519_04-16.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there an equivalent Honeywell product?