Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I've got a Honeywell thermostat, It said change batteries, I

Customer Question

Hi.... I've got a Honeywell thermostat, It said change batteries, I did that, and now, the AC won't come on. It said " system wait" for a few minutes, then said " system cool" yet the AC is not blowing. Upstairs thermostat and AC are fine. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: All was well until I changed the batteries today ( I changed both upstairs and down stairs)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Upstairs is working fine....one outside compressor for both
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your thermostat. There shouldn't be any period it would need to wait. Are you sure the batteries are new and good? May want to try swapping them out with another pair just in case.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
batteries are brand new. ( they even have that goofy power strip tester)
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You did not disconnect any wires or anything when pulling the unit off did you?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If that does not seem to be the problem I want you to try turning off the the circuit breaker that goes to it to see if we can try restarting it. If that does not work unfortunately your unit display may be going out on your but Honeywell typically has a 5 year warranty on these so you could always contact them and have them send you out a new one or someone to come look at it.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering if any of my advice was of any help to you? If not please just let me know instead of rating negatively and I will opt out and open this up to other experts for other ideas.