Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a dover 400l propane stove direct vent we purchased

Customer Question

I have a dover 400l propane stove direct vent we purchased used. Installed the vent hooked up gas started stove. The stove appears to lack enough air to burn smoothly. If you open the door the flame levels out and burns beautifully.close the door and the flames start blowing and bouncing until both the flames and pilot go out. Does the size of the termination cap matter?the vent is at the minimum of 12" above the ground. Will a snorkel Help? We have had professionals from woodheat out they have checked the vents, replaced the controls and checked the door seal all appear to be correct. Any Advice? Gary Winton Springtown PA
Category: HVAC
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

This really sounds like a venting issue. Either the exhaust isn't getting out and depleting it of oxygen or combustion air is not getting in

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any suggestionsuggestions on how to determine which it is. At 12" is the vent to close to the ground?
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

The 12" shouldn't be an issue. Can I see a picture of the venting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry for the delay but following up on the venting issue. I have taken all of the venting out and started reinstalling it. I am going to eliminate two shorter pipes for one longer one. Will let you know how it goes.
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

Sounds goods