Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I need a capacitor for m y AC. The Copelnd moel is

Customer Question

I need a capacitor for m y AC. The Copelnd moel is CR38K-PFV-220 and the fan hasshows a cap 500/370. What capacitor do I use?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: first time
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, a simple remove and replace
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Other than my wife is mad at me, no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the label on the old one? It should say 50uf/370VAC or something like that do you see that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The label i s not readable. Al I have is the fan and compressor info sent.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The compressor is a Copeland CR38K-PFV-220, LRA 105.0, 208 230 200 V
The fan says cap 5.0/370
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

OK you need a 50uf/440VAC for the compressor so you can get this one for both and it will work fine!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!