Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Last year when we turned on our aire-flo furnace the fan ran

Customer Question

Last year when we turned on our aire-flo furnace the fan ran but it wouldn't fire up. We have the same issue this year. A local repairman was out last year and told my wife it needed water somewhere, but I don't know where or what he was talking about. Until last year we never had an issue.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is on lpg
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Check and see if any error codes are flashing on the control board in the furnace and look at the list to match it up. There should be a list on the panel you remove to get to the board.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No codes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to leave, email me any thing that might help please.

Ok get a jumper wire and connect the R thermostat wire to the W thermostat wires and see if it heats.