Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Friedrich KHUL YL24M35-A thru the wall heat pump

Customer Question

I have a Friedrich KHUL YL24M35-A thru the wall heat pump with heat. A month ago I smelled electrical fire and could not turn the unit on. I could not get anyone to help. So I took out the Electronic Control unit on the left side. It was completely charred to a crisp. I found the part by lick on the web (Friedrich will not give you the time of day) and replaced it. I also replaced the large capacitor.The unit now comes on. The fan blows. The User Interface display is operating normally. The room, outside, and set temperatures display correctly. BUT the unit will not cool.What should I do next? What could be wrong? The little wrench in the display is not lit, so I have no idea what to do. Do you have any suggestions?Help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Check the wiring from the board to the compressor maybe the compressor was bad and drew too much current burning out the board. Check that out and see.