Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I am looking for a wiring diagram and parts list for a

Customer Question

I am looking for a wiring diagram and parts list for a Hydro-cap VRHC 37-24 air handler
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes all that. There seems to b e a problem with a relay or transformer. When the thermostat call for cooling, the compressor does not come on. However it can be turned on manually. When we checked the voltages, the lo voltage wire going from the t-stat to the compressor was only showing 10v vs 24v. The t-stat is ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. The issue is that the HVAC service people isolated the problem in the air handler. Likely a relay or low voltage transformer. But they could not find any part numbers on the items in question. And when they researched it online, they could not locate a wiring diagram for the air handler or parts list for the VRHC 37-24. They also told me that the company had gone out of business.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. They key is a where to find a wiring diagram and parts list
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer is this what you are looking for? If not just respond back to me and we will try and locate it for you.

http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/uploads/Jim%20Katen/2010128214157_om_airhandler.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

This unit was installed around 2000 and both cools and heats. The link you gave me is for an Apollo unit and this is a Hydro-Pac VRHC 37-24. I had the name of the unit wrong (Not Hydro-Cap but Hydro-Pac). I need the electrical diagram and parts list. The problem is that I've been told that the company who made this unit either went out of business or was bought by another company

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok let me try looking into this for you. Bare with me for a moment please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well sadly besides this information I am unable to find anything else.

http://www.hydropac.com/literature.html

Please do not rate negatively if you would like me to opt out and see if someone else has any ideas I can do that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Apparently the Hydro-Pac air handlers were made by VRV Products.

Did they vanish or were they taken over by someone else? The hydropac you are referencing is a different company, near as I can tell.

As for a negative rating, NO. You are doing your best. But if you have someone in mind that might know, put me onto him or her

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well i have certainly given it my best shot but I can not find anything at all. I tried locating the previous owner company I have tried searching for manuals of any kind via the model number or type. Its just not happening for me. So I am going to opt out and see if anyone else can take a swing at it. Thank you for not giving me a neg. rating. I appreciate it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appreciate it. I have been striking out as well. Hopefully someone in your pool will have an answer. But what you are telling me is consistent with what my HVAC contractor is telling me and what I have not turned up in Google searches.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Sometimes its not always possible to locate manuals or discontinued models sadly but that doesn't mean its impossible just that I spent alot of time looking and came up dry so hopefully someone will find something.