Technician HVAC
Technician HVAC, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company

I have a Premier 2 Water Furnace installed in 1997. Today

Customer Question

I have a Premier 2 Water Furnace installed in 1997. Today the air conditioning stopped working:( The temperature in the house is 80F so I did what I've done in the past - remove the circuit breaker and front panels. (Before this, none of the unit was running and the green status light was blinking.) I found the drain clogged, the drain pan full and overflowing and the upper padded area saturated and the lower area (where the compressor is located) had at least 1/4" of water standing in it. I cleaned the drain, drained the pan, dried everything out, installed the circuit breaker, and restarted the unit. Nothing happened but the great status light still blinks. In the upper area, I found a thin brown wire that was not connected. It appeared to have never been connected. Suggestions?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes, the thermostat is set at 70F and the filters are clean.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had a fan on the unit to dry it. The AC just starting working (turned on after 5+ hours). Hooray!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The house is cooling off. I don't need your help. Yeah!
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 1 month ago.
Alright glad to hear it, do you have any more questions ? Sorry been a busy day and just seen your message/ticket. ?Do you want me to submit.a refund?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.