Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Day and Night Gas-Fired Induced Draft Furnace Model

Customer Question

I have a Day and Night Gas-Fired Induced Draft Furnace Model 375A
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: When just trying to turn on the fan(no heater) it will come on for a while (5-10 minutes). then shut off. It turns back on for a while, then shuts off
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Continues to cycle on and off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How would I determine if the capacitor on the blower is defective?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

The problem sounds like the flame sensor its a metal rod up in front of the burner with a white porcelain base that sits in the flame of the burner. You can take it out and clean it with a piece of sand paper or emery cloth and put it back in and reset the power on the furnace. This should give you sustained burner flame

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So you dont have to wait....what you have is a bad circuit board in the blower section. It is not turning the blower on and holding it on and the unit is running on limit. The fact that the inducer runs nonstop eliminates the inducer board behind the pressure switch.

Replace the main blower board and you will be all et. Board -

http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CIB84AA021A&Category_Code=

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions you are more than welcome to follow up with me here on this thread even after rating.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was just following up with you to see if you were still needing any assistance with this issue. If I was able to help you or you found my information helpful please do rate with 5 stars so I can have this matter closed for you. Thank you for choosing just answer.