Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have a Lennox 14HPX-036-230-11 heatpump and a Lennox

Customer Question

I have a Lennox 14HPX-036-230-11 heatpump and a Lennox CBX27UH-036-02 air handler. I noticed the sound of the heat pump is slightly different than it normally is when I run it as an AC. The fan motor works...but that rumble doesn't seem to be there. When the problem was first noticed, the air handler was going on for a few seconds...then off for a few seconds...intermittently. I turned of the system. The next morning, I turned it back on...the fan in the condenser still works...still missing the rumble, and now the air handler isn't kicking in at all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you with all of your home improvement projects.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

It sounds like you have bad bearings in the fan or the blower wheel has cracked and become loose and now jammed stopping the blower motor. I would check the blower motor in the air handler that sounds like the issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!