HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a P12BA Friedrich portable room air conditioner my

Customer Question

I have a P12BA Friedrich portable room air conditioner my son brought over. It worked the first night and then when we went to turn it off it was hard to turn off. Next morning went to turn it on and it did not light up the display board and only thing that lit up was the timer .08. Does the timer reveal a code when it isn't working properly? My husband ordered a PC board Gabbert tech said most probable cause not the display board. My husband put in the Pc board and it didn't work. The same code .08 comes up.
Off and on switch does not work at all. My question is how do I fix the problem and is there a trouble shooting guide you recommend to learn more about the unit. My son doesn't have the manual that came with it originally. Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you with all of your home improvement projects.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a bad display interface board that is what the .08 means.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I replace the display board does that guarantee it will work properly?

Yes! 100%