Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Where is the reset button on model number GVC 50 300 Serial

Customer Question

Where is the reset button on model number GVC 50 300
Serial # 1323A027587 on the controller? My water heater lights but won't stay lit. I had this problem before and it was the rest button.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There is no reset button on the controller of this model. Depending on which gas valve it has there might be one on an overtemp sensor on the burner compartment access panel. If you can light the pilot but it goes out when you release the dial/knob then you probably need a new thermopile/thermocouple. Some versions require a new pilot assembly. Can you give me a picture of the gas control valve?