Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Lux nlux psp511Ca is locked. Thus far I have followed

Customer Question

My Lux nlux psp511Ca is locked. Thus far I have followed several different suggestions including:
- Pressed Next Next Next Hold and tried rotating dial and tried the Reset switch
- Replaced batteries, turned the AC off, replaced batteries, and turned AC On
- Pressed UP DOWN Next Hold Reset
Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try this sequence: UP>DOWN>NEXT>HOLD>the Rotary Dial>RESET BUTTON

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As I mentioned in my question, I have tried that sequence and it does not work. I must have tried it twenty times. Plus, I am not sure what Rotary Dial means.A post on another site said that the sequence you gave me was actualluy the keys on the pad that were deactivated during reset and the real sequence was Next, Next, Next, Hold which would unlock the unit. This doesn't work either.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

You did not list this sequence (no dial). Rotary dial means turn the dial. This is the sequence that's spelled out in the manual for your thermostat. If you'd like I can post a link to the manual.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After pushing UP>DOWN>NEXT>HOLD sequence the rotary dial remains locked. Will not budge and the locked icon is still on the digital display.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Sounds like you have a defective thermostat. That's the unlock sequence in the manual. If the dial won't move then you'll probably need to replace the thermostat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got my thermostat unlocked by going online and finding another answer from another HVAC technician: Remove batteries, turn furnace off for several minutes, replace batteries, turn furnace on. Worked perfectly.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Glad you worked it out