Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have an Lennox XC21 -048 -230-02 Sn # 5806C15622 Lennox,

Customer Question

I have an Lennox XC21 -048 -230-02 Sn # 5806C15622 Lennox , It has been functioning fine until today
The fan outside runs but the Comfort Alert Module P/N(###) ###-####00 S/N###-##-####
is not powered up ,but I have voltage at R & C .
it seems to me the module has gone bad and is keeping the compressor from running .
Is there a way to bypass the module to make the compressor run ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 month ago.

You can not bypass the module as the module is what controls what stage compressor runs in being a two stage compressor.

The solenoid is DC controlled. Five seconds after thermostat calls for Y2 the comfort alert sends a DC signal to the solenoid on compressor to bring in second stage

The two pin DC SOL connector provides a connection to the Copeland UltraTech second stage compressor solenoid. This solenoid is internal to the compressor. This 24VDC solenoid will not operate properly if 24VAC is applied to the compressor solenoid terminals.