Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

How do I power the primary circulator on my 6 zone

Customer Question

How do I power the primary circulator on my 6 zone (circulators) system? It must run run when any zone calls for heat (primary/secondary piping.)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 3 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this.what kind of boiler do you have. most boilers have terminals in them for the circulator

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Weil-McLain EG series, circa 1984. Currently uses three Honeywell relays to run three circulators.

ok what is the model number of the aquastat on the boiler. you should be able to power the primary circulator from the C1 C2 terminals in the aquastat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am on a project and away from home. Can I continue later? I need to look at aqua stat to get model, terminal information.

ok just reply back when you can

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I understand. I will verify the onboard control board has connections for the circulator either on c1 c2, or terminals Blk, Yellow, if I read the on line manual correctly. It appears a dpst relay to energize the circulator should be on that board. Does that sound correct? Thanks for the help.
There should be an aquastat on the boiler where you set the temperature and it powers the burner and circulator. So when there is a call for heat it sends power to the burner and circulator. The other circulators will need to be powered from a zone board.

were you able to find that. did you have any more questions about it?