Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a lennox elite series programmable touch screen

Customer Question

I have a lennox elite series programmable touch screen thermostat. The screen is blank except for the boxes at the bottom (just the outline of the boxes, not the words)
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: it must be the thermostat. This thermostat is shared with our upstairs unit and is on a damper (it's in a bonus room). The upstairs air and thermostat are working just fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. We took the front of the thermostat off the wall because the booklet said it had batteries. The batteries were a little corroded. We replaced the batteries, but that didn't work. Unless i have to press buttons to reset
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you with all of your home improvement projects.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

IS it backlit