Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Raypac 84 Professional heater will not start up heating.

Customer Question

My Raypac 84 Professional heater will not start up heating. The display says Vent Temp limit. I tried to trouble shoot and the manual says" unused spare circuit is open". After that no direction. How do I find and close unused spare circuit so my heater will start up?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the vent temp limit error is displayed then the vent sensor is likely tripped. It has a reset button between the 2 leads connected to it. You'll have to remove the top of the jacket to get to it. It's on the side of the vent hood. Let me know if you have trouble finding it. If you have the manual it's location is shown in the parts blow up on page 44