heatncoolrepair
heatncoolrepair, HVAC Technician
Experience:  13 Years of Residential Furnace & A/C Repair Experience.
72013574

I have gas stove that I am having trouble with the burners

Customer Question

I have gas stove that I am having trouble with the burners lighting. The igniters are firing but won't light the burners.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: For a while. Was cooking with one burner. Was working so much. Just ate out a lot. 7 days a week working.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Try to. If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tried an experiment. They will light with a candle lighter. All of them.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  heatncoolrepair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review the information you have provided.

Start by cleaning all the burners and electrodes with a wire brush and if you can remove the burners, wash them in hot soap and water and reinstall. Sometimes they just need a good cleaning, but if you can't get them very clean then you need to replace the burners. If that does not work, and the arc from the electrode to burner seems weak, then replace the spark module. If you have any more questions, please ask, but this should take care of it. Please don't forget to rate me for my service tonight. Thanks!