airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am in the market for a central a/c in a 2500sq ft home in

Customer Question

I am in the market for a central a/c in a 2500sq ft home in Colorado. The initial quote for a 2.5 ton Lennox unit was $5500 after rebates, etc.
Can you recommend two other quality manufacturers that I can seek a quote for? $5500 seems high??
Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 3 months ago.

1. What SEER is the quote ? Model will tell me

2. Was al load calculation done on the home?

3. Most all major brands are going to come with same 10 year warranty.

4. My preferences would be a s follows: Rheem Ruud, Carrier,Lennox and then Trane

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
18 seer. Yes on the load calculation. Model SL18xc1

The 5500 is a good price for the 18 SEER

I have been in the business for over 40 years and work on all brands as well as dealing with people here on the site for several years. Lennox makes a good unit, but I will mention often a little higher than Rheem or Ruud just because of the name (Grand dad always had Lennox)

With that said, if you have a Rheem or Ruud dealer I would recommend getting a quote from one of them .Probably save several hundred bucks and get sme warranty and rliablity.

Then I would suggest an estimate on Carrier.They should fall in between the Rheem/Ruud and Lennox on price.

But as noted previously all are going to have excellent warranties and have earned a respected name.

I will also mention, do not be led tremendously by online reviews. I have discovered that way more people will post a negative review of a product if they have had issues than folks will with trouble free units.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.