Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I tried to change out a simple comfort 2210 thermostat with

Customer Question

i tried to change out a simple comfort 2210 thermostat with a honeywell rth2410 series. I did not label wires from the 2210 thermostat.The wire colors are b,o,g,y,r,bl,w.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: the terminations are:simple comfort b,o,w2,g,e,y1,y2,w3. the terminations for therth2410 are b,o,g,y,w,not used,r,rc.can you tell me how to wire the new thermostat?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i think this is a split unit,upstaris/downstaris although the unit are on seperate circuit breakers.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 month ago.

OK without knowing what terminals you removed each wire from we are going to need to go to air handler and see what each of them connect to there.