Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

How a gree split and it keeps turning off think it the timer

Customer Question

how a gree split and it keeps turning off think it the timer need it to run 24 hr 7 days a week can't find how to do that
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. I was able to pull up some trouble shooting tips for you. I hope this helps.

AUTO MODE

The unit built-in microcomputer analyses the temperature and humidity level in the room ; the air conditioner controls and automatically adjusts the cooling system (compressor on or off) and the fan speed. This self-adjustment feature allows you to maintain room comfort by controlling the temperature and air dehumidification in the room. To set in AUTO mode, press the MODE

• Exhaust hose, drain hose and cap hose must be correctly installed in AUTO mode.

• The TIMER may be used in AUTO mode.

SLEEP MODE

When setting this mode, the air conditioner will automatically shut off in 7 hours. This is a fast way to program an automatic shut off of the unit for the night for an optimal room comfort ; it is also energy saving.

1. Unit must be running when using this mode.

2. Press on the SLEEP

3. The air conditioner will automatically shut off after 7 hours.

4. For programming a shut off in less than 7 hours, use the TIMER

delay by 1/2 hour slot up to 7 hours maximum. The LCD display will show the set time.

5. To cancel, press again the SLEEP button until the SLEEP icon goes off.

• When the SLEEP mode is on, you can still modify/program any other function on the unit.

• You cannot set the TIMER ON for an automatic shut off if the unit is in SLEEP mode.

• The SLEEP mode cannot be used if the air conditioiner is in AUTO mode.

SETTING THE TIMER

When the unit is operating, the timer can be used to set an automatic shut off time. If the unit

is off but still plugged, the timer can be used to set an automatic start time.

AUTOMATIC STARTING

1. While the unit is off, press the TIMER

2. Press the up/down arrows on the TIMER button

before the air conditioner turns on (1-24 hours) ; LCD display will show the set time

AUTOMATIC SHUT OFF

While the unit is running, repeat steps 1 and 2, as detailed previously for an automatic shut off.

• To cancel the timer, whether you are programming an automatic start or shut off of the air

conditioner, simply press on the TIMER UNIT OPERATION button until AUTO lights up on the control panel. button until the SLEEP button until the TIMER ON icon lights on. button until the OFF icon lights on. 10 icon lights up on the panel. button to adjust the to set the time (number of hours)

If you find this information help please rate with the 5 stars up at the top. If you have any follow up questions or this does not help please follow up with me here on this thread and we will try something else.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.