Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Blank screen on panel, Just noticed, What's involved?

Customer Question

Blank screen on panel
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just noticed
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What's involved? Thermostats failed?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Not sure. How to check?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only change, was that my wife adjusted the control panel before bed. Now its off and downstairs is warmer than usual
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. So I have a couple trouble shooting questions we will get started with. First off what type of thermostat do you have? Do you know the brand and model number?

Here are some general things to check I first off would start with the breaker to make sure that you have power to make sure that it did not kick off.

Next I would check the batteries in the thermostat to make sure that they are good.

If that does not work next I would pull the front cover of the thermostat off and blow any possible dust off of the device and replace the cover back on there. Make sure to line it back up correctly.

Without knowing your brand or model number those are just general thermostat troubleshooting tips. If these things do not work we can dig a little deeper.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.