Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a th115 programmable thermostat. It is in "vacation

Customer Question

I have a th115 programmable thermostat. It is in "vacation mode" set with a wireless remote. Now we cannot find the wireless remote and, according to the user manual, the vacation mode can only be deactivated with the remote. Is there a way to reset the thermostat without the remote?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: specific to the thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am prepared to fiddle with the thermostat circuit board if necessary since it's out of warranty
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried changing the switch on back of the thermostat and disconnecting remote sensor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try later this week. I'm not on site until Friday.

That is fine.If you have anything with model of the remote might also help me. If we change setting, that should let you change without it.We can go from here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried the switch modifications and the problem with the "vacation mode" setting is still there. The thermostat has a label on the circuit board that reads:1425 1
TH115-AF-GADoes that information help at all? I'm wondering if there's a way to do a factory reset on the unit which would allow me to start from scratch.
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Not seeing any way to do a factory reset. May try turning breaker off and completely disconnecting wires from thermostat.Then reconnect. Otherwise try calling Honeywell at 1(###) ###-####and see if they can help