Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a problem with the upstairs a/c carrier infinity

Customer Question

I have a problem with the upstairs a/c carrier infinity system the screen is not on and I can't seem to get it to turn on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I am going thru a separation and I think my ex is turning off so that I cannot have ac at night
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is the thermostat that won't come on
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: It was working earlier today and I went out and when I returned the upstairs thermostat was not on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Usually when display is not lit indicates we are not getting power to the thermostat.Let's start by making sure all breakers are on to units.If breakers are on we will need a multi meter for troubleshooting.

. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.