airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Carrier Weather Maker 1200 propane furnace. Heat

Customer Question

I have a Carrier Weather Maker 1200 propane furnace. Heat only. Old thermostat gone. Four wires sticking out of wall: Red, yellow, green, black. Bought Honeywell CT87K thermostat to replace missing thermostat. Which wires from furnace get connected to the R, W, and Y terminals on the new thermostat?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Which wires (red, yellow, green, black) get connected to the R, W, and Y terminals on the new thermostat?
Expert:  airheatman replied 3 months ago.

You will only need 2 wires. One to R and the other to W. We need to pen furnace though and see where the wires are connected in furnace to know which two to use.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. Opened furnace. Found the red wire connected to R terminal and yellow wire connected to W terminal. It's all very clear now. Job done. Thanks again.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.