Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My hvac stopped working, i turned the breaker off then back

Customer Question

my hvac stopped working, i turned the breaker off then back on, also the thermostat, and now the thermostat digital display did not come back on, nor did the ac
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: the ac stopped first so maybe the hvac I'm guessing. i looked at all the wiring going out to the unit, because my dog or a squirrel chewed threw it earlier this year and i had to call someone, they fixed it in five minutes. that wiring is still intact
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to . it might be monday before someone can get here, and my wife just had surgery. i don't want her to burn up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, tell me a lot about your technical skills sets please, and if you know how to use a multi meter we can go from there with any coaching you need.

If none of this is in your skill set range, tell me the brand and model number of the unit that sits outside, and which direction you are from the center of the nearest city...I will see if I can locate a well rated service outfit for you.