Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an oil burning boiler that will not fire. I recently

Customer Question

I have an oil burning boiler that will not fire. I recently had a water line rupture and after fixing it I turned the boiler back on and it did not cycle at all, just went right into lock out. It will cycle if I hold down the reset button but still will not fire. I have checked for oil and spark and am getting both. I have replaced the electronic aquastat and still the same thing happens. My next move is to replace the control box, but is that necessary or is there something else I can try?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the burner starts it's not a control problem. Your burner probably needs a tune up. What do you have for a burner?

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

I'm looking for the brand of the burner. If you're comfortable working on the burner I can give you some tune up/adjustment options