HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My dehumidifier is hooked up to its internal pump. I leave

Customer Question

My dehumidifier is hooked up to its internal pump. I leave it running 24/7. I check it every 2or3 weeks. It is now leaving water all around it on the floor, but the bucket doesn't fill and their is no evidence that the pump is pumping water to my shower stall as I desired. Any advice for me or do I have to bring it in for service? By the way, the room temp is at least 75 degrees. Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The internal pump has likely failed which happens on most of these units since they use a very cheap pump. The pump is not easy to change out either so you may have to take it in for service or see if they will cover it under warranty for you from Sears.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!