Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Laars mascot ht 330,having a problem with it lighting

Customer Question

laars mascot ht 330,having a problem with it lighting consistently (occasionially no spark) when calling for hot water, have not had a problem as of yet when calling for heat. I have had the unit cleaned ,replaced the flame sensor and lead, electrode and lead, anstos connector.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you've used this boiler in heat mode for a period of time with the new parts and the same intermittent problem persists then I'd suspect the control board. The ignition function is the same for heat and hot water. The only difference is the mode that generates a call for ignition. That would point to the board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will have to try that. I do hope you are right because it is a $406 part.
jack
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

At this point it's your next move unless you can catch this unit in the middle of a failure or you're getting an error other than ignition failure. Since it's intermittent catching it is unlikely. So far you've followed the procedure we would follow with an intermittent fault that evades diagnostics which is replace the least expensive possible culprits first.