Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

How do I restart my 8444 Aprilaire thermostat? I turned the

Customer Question

How do I restart my 8444 Aprilaire thermostat? I turned the AC mode selection off for several days. Now when I press any buttons, There is no reading/message available. I have replaced the batteries and pushed the reset button. I am wanting to start the AC mode.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Something specific to the thermostat.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It's 12:11 a.m. I am wanting to leave our small lake home but can't until thr AC is set and running. So YES. I'm not wanting to wait. Saw the video where one looks at the wires and they seem secure. Checked our fuse box.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My phone a friend with the answers is asleep 6 hr.s away. I don't like thre humidity. We have had heavy rain all day. : )
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 2 months ago.

Are you getting no display?