Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am switching out the old Janitrol to Honeywell RTH6450D.

Customer Question

I am switching out the old Janitrol to Honeywell RTH6450D. Not sure which one to connect on AUX/E port, W2 or E, or both? Thanks!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I tested yesterday evening, it did not work. want to start again tonigh
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. i wanted to try first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. I thought the wiring is simple, just put in the right color, but the more i study, the more confused I am
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

First what did you have connected before?