Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating

My a/c suddenly stopped working. The nest on the wall says,

Customer Question

My a/c suddenly stopped working. The nest on the wall says
JA: What's the brand and model number of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It's less than a year old. The message on the wall-mounted control says E23 Wiring Report. No power to RC wire detected.
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: On the wall-mounted nest control panel (round, glass control allowing me to set temperature, etc. I can no longer get any temperature, only the following message: E23 WIRING REPORT No power to R
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing, just wanted to turn the temp down (it's over 100 degrees here outside) Instead of seeing a temperature digit I got the error report
JA: Anything else you want the HVAC tech to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you. PLEASE CONNECT ME TO HVAC TECH. My phone number is(###) ###-####if you need that info.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 2 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. that mesage means there is no 24 volt power at the thermostat for all of the controls so there are a couple reasons for this. one is that there is no power going to the indoor air handler or furnace, or the fuse in the furnace for the low voltage has blown. are you able to check these things if i help you with it?