Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Our power went out last night when we were not home. It was

Customer Question

Our power went out last night when we were not home. It was out for 4 hours. After the power returned the AC stopped working. Now my Lennox Model C33-318-2F-3
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: will not turn on the outside... only the blower inside will run then quits and orange light is flashing about 12 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: as long as my wife has faith in me : )
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am an auto master technician. So I am gonna try
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER with 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

The model number you provided is for the AC indoor coil, I need furnace model number

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can't find number says Lennox Elite
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Got it. Gs1mp 36b 070 08
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

The orange flashing light is a error code you need to count the amount of flashes and is green light on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Counted to 20 just keeps blinking on off no pattern. Both Zone lights are green
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Try and identify light pattern from the diagnostic code chart you sent me on picture

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Slow flash orange / red and green on. = primary secondary limit switch open
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pic of light panel
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

primary secondary limit switch open means sensor around the burners have popped out and need to be reseted,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Light code from AC unit different from heater unit. Heater unit shoes normal continuos fan or AC on operatio
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Lights I sent picture of at AC with Blinking light showing ZMZ sensor failure or not installed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ZMS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
AC coil above furnace/blower
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If this help
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Maker sure you have a clean filter in furnace and try a complete system reset, by shutting power to AC and Furnace

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have done that a couple of times. What is a ZMS sensor? Also this appears toasted see pic
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, need to punch out, will let another tech continue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried to give you good information... only asked one question and you bailed.
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 6 months ago.

hi i am dan and i can help you with this. i have seen this problem many times the most common problem is when there is a power outage or surge the capacitor in the outdoor unit will usually blow. if you turn the power off to the outdoor unit and open the electrical panel we can check that.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dan, I am sure you are fantastic... but after the last guy I am not gonna try this service anymore. I gave it a shot, but don't have the time to work through this again. very sorry buddy.

i am sorry you had trouble with him but i am here to help you and it may be a very simple problem i will help you resolve.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
again. i tried. don't like the hand off or way it was handled and would like to terminate this, please.

ok i am sorry you feel that way but if you change your mind later i will be here to help you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I appreciate that.

ok no need to reply back as every post from you requires a reply from me. good luck with fixing your A/C