Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We are staying in a 3-story beach house right on the beach.

Customer Question

We are staying in a 3-story beach house right on the beach. The 1st level on the ground floor has been very humid. The second and 3rd floor are not as humid. An AC guy came out and said 1st level is more Numidia because we are keeping the fan turned on on the AC unit. The reason I have a hard time with that reason, is because on the 2nd level, we have had the fan on the whole time also, but it is not as humid in the 2nd floor.
Would having the fan running all the time make it more humid or less humid? Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Having the fan on all the time makes no difference one way or the other. You're just circulating the same air. When the AC is on it should reduce the humidity.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?