BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I've got a Windchaser Model PACR10. It was in an my mothers

Customer Question

I've got a Windchaser Model PACR10. It was in an my mothers small bedroom and yesterday it would pop the built-in circuit breaker in the plug unit upon turning on. Both fans were turning so I thought it might be the compressor. I brought it to my garage and today l plugged it in and it runs fine but no cold air. Any suggestions
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The filters are clean and I took the outside casing off and vacuumed the coil. The setting was set at 78 degrees and the temp was 85
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do hear what sounds like the compressor trying to cut in and out
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 months ago.

My name is Billy.

This will be related specifically to the compressor or the capacitor that helps it start.

You need to access the internals, locate capacitor and test for proper microfarads.

Most folks do not have the meter so just replace the capacitor to see if that was the reason.

If it is the compressor it is not worth haing repaired as the compressor and cost would exceed the value. If the capacitor works you get off the hook for $20