Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I had sent you a question earlier today regarding the

Customer Question

I had sent you a question earlier today regarding the exchange of similar fan motors on a Nordyne 5 ton HVAC system. We exchanged the fan motors, turned on the system and it ran smoothly for a few minutes. After a few minutes, it started to make a loud noise again and eventually the fan quit working. I do have pressure gauges and when I hooked up the cold line to the compressor, it read100 psi. If the compressor is broken, would it still show a high PSI? Or do I need a new fan motor?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is the compressor or fan motor making the noise? You may have a bad compressor on the unit making the noise, you may want to disconnect the fan and start it up and run it for a couple minutes to see if it is the compressor making the noise. If it is you will likely need a new compressor.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!