Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have Rheem 12 S.E.E.R. RAMB it is blowing air but not coll

Customer Question

I have Rheem 12 S.E.E.R. RAMB it is blowing air but not coll air. I have Flipped the breaker switch and turned the AC to off for 5 minutes and also pushed the Reset button. So far no results. Please HELP, I have a party tonight...
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, try turning the breakers OFF, then **push them off** forcefully, that resets them, flipping does not always work.

Tell me a lot about your technical skills and if you have a multi meter or not, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have Tech skills for the most part and I I think I have a multi meter it is a Sperry DM-210A Is that what it is?
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, without the tech skills it will be best if you can tell me which direction you are from the nearest town or city and I will see if I can find a well rated local HVAC service outfit for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok but, I just realized the fan in the Rheem unit is not spinning but the air is blowing, does yhat make a difference?
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

It means that the outside unit has gone off because of some defect inside the unit, or if its real hot outside it could have tripped its high temperature reset switch,

In that case you would clean the condenser coil first, using foaming type AC coil cleaner available at larger hardware stores or departments.

THen you would remove the electrical service panels. heed all the big red label warnings, and locate the high pressure reset switch on the wiring diagram inside and press its reset button.