Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

I have a Dovre gas insert model 2130N in a home I recently

Customer Question

I have a Dovre gas insert model 2130N in a home I recently purchased. This does not have a thermopile. My problem is after turning on the power switch, the controller fires the igniter and opens the gas valve. The main burner lights but then the controller stops the igniter and shuts the gas valve off.
There is a metal box holding the controller and transformer. Inside the box is a common ground point for controller, gas valve and igniter. There is a loose ground wire on this common point that is not terminated anywhere. Should this ground the box to the fireplace frame? Could this be causing the controller to shut off the gas valve?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER with 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Ground wire should be screwed to box but it was probably not used and it worked without it, but

-You probably have a dirty pilot assembly . I would suggest removing the pilot assembly and clean it out. It has a flame sensor that requires maintenance after time it becomes dirty with rust and carbon deposits that keeps it from reading flame ignition.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is the pilot assembly part of the gas valve? There isn't anything beyond the gas valve other than the orifice that feeds the burner assembly and it is clear.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

flame sensor will be right beside the ignitor inside beside the burner

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Then it's missing. 2 wires going towards burner. Igniter from controller and a second wire that is grounded at igniter mounting screw and in box. Any part number or suitable substitute I should install?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately Drove has not posted a parts breakdown that I can see.

Why would the stove be missing parts?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As I said, I just bought the house. I guess I need to find a flame detector?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

I think you will need a tech on site for this one. best of luck.